From local to state and federal government agencies, our work has been recognised for creating lasting public benefit.
We understand government and its unique requirements for:
- Evidence-based advice: Based on analysing and interpreting information and data, we provide robust advice that’s grounded and insightful.
- People-centred: We know the limitations of information and data, which is why we use a people-centred approach to our work.
- Complex problems: Together with our clients, we have delivered outstanding solutions. We have transitioned organisations into new economic and regulatory conditions, saved millions from operational and capital budgets, and delivered tangible results to government at all levels, industries and communities.
- Security and Sensitivity: We have worked discretely for the highest levels of government and corporations, on sensitive and high-profile problems.
- Data Driven Communities: We are amongst Australia’s leading experts in the field, merging expertise in civic data infrastructure, smart city strategy and open data.
- Collaborative partnerships: We thrive on delivering advice with conviction, because when we work with our clients, we share their problems and make them our own.
- Independence: Because we don’t sell software or systems, our advice is fiercely independent.
- International standards: As well as meeting ISO 9001 standards, our staff are routinely called upon to present at conferences, universities and research bodies.
“As a direct result of working with the GWI team to produce our Smart Way Forward Strategy and the underlying actions, we were very grateful to receive the 2016 Economic Development Australia – Digital Entrepreneurs award.”
Drew Stevenson, Manager Corporate & Technology, Rockhampton Regional Council
“Challenging contemporary thinking is very risky, but you have an uncanny knack of getting people thinking in a different dimension – which is the exact place that RAPAD needs them to move from popular thinking into creative, innovative and uninhibited pathways to successful adoption of social and economic digital enablers to provide – dare I say it “jobs and growth” and more sustainable social environments.”
Bruce Scott, Mayor of Barcoo Shire Council
“GWI were able to engage very well with our operational staff out in the regions and also with our executive – they were able to operate at all of those levels throughout the project”
Program Director, Government Agency
We’re proud of the work we have achieved for our clients:
- We managed a complex consultation process across 19 state government agencies to devolve over one million records from four aging applications.
- We developed an enterprise-wide data management process and plan for a government science division which enabled informed decision making, promoted data reuse and sharing in an open environment, and in turn helped ensure future generations have free access to quality scientific research and knowledge.
- We developed a whole-of-government Information Communications Technology (ICT) “mega-category” plan, transforming existing policy into actionable insights.
- We conducted an independent financial impact analysis and price benchmarking for a state government procurement process, confirming value for money.
- We have developed strategies that enable councils to better use the information and data they collect to meet the changing needs of local communities.
- We helped boost information security for a local government, preventing information breaches and developing an identity and access model.