We understand that implementing digital technology is only one step towards realising the benefits to healthcare delivery. True transformation of the healthcare sector depends on other enabling and complementary changes to occur in addition to technology implementations.
Through our experience in the healthcare sector, digital health, data and information, we can assess the digital and data maturity of your organisation, identify gaps and risks, and develop a practical roadmap for you to achieve tangible benefits from your digital strategy.
Our work has helped clients maximise benefits from their digital technology implementations, enhancing their management and use of data and information to improve healthcare service delivery, meet quality standards and achieve operational efficiencies.
Benefits of better management of data and information in supporting healthcare delivery:
- Increases trust and confidence in patient data
- Ensures patient privacy and reduces patient safety risks
- Increases adoption and use of digital technologies
- Creates efficiencies and improves performance
- Enhances patient and staff experience
- Increases transparency and accountability and supports evidence-based decision-making.
Work we do in health:
We're proud of the work we have achieved for our clients:
- We developed a tailored clinical and corporate data governance approach for a Queensland Hospital and Health Service to generate operational efficiencies through improved data quality and consistency of data management practices across multiple locations, and also to reduce the risk of data breaches.
- We developed a vision and roadmap for a large Queensland government health department that reflected information's key role in enabling its strategic initiatives and digital strategy. This represented an important shift towards ongoing investment and management of information as an asset.
- We supported a large Queensland public health agency to better understand its existing applications and technologies in use in order to identify opportunities for rationalisation, collaboration, cost reduction and enable future business intelligence and analytics.
- We developed a business case for a regional health provider that identified non-compliance issues with legislation and standards. Our analysis helped improve decision making, increase efficiencies and workforce capability, reduce duplication of effort, reduce processing times and lower costs.
- We developed the business case for and implementation of an electronic document record management system (EDRMS) to improve compliance, reduce duplication and improve collaboration and productivity across a health service crossing borders in New South Wales and Victoria.
'You can't drive real outcomes without effective data governance — (it's) too easy to get lost in the noise. We have been thankful for the assistance provided to us by the whole GWI team.'
Scott McConnel, Executive Director — Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service
- The Future of Healthcare is Now
- Saving Lives: What if Data Governance Sounded Like This?
- Time to Tame the Wild Wild Web
Healthcare Capability Pack – to download our pack and learn more about our work in health, simply submit your name and email address below: